Welcome to 2018! I’ve been away for a week with the intention of taking some time to relax and enjoy the company of family, but now I’m back in full force! There’s going to be so much happening in 2018 already, I can feel it. Within the next few weeks, I’ll be sharing with you my 24 hours in Vernon with Buick, holidays in Ottawa/MTL/Quebec City, and some other travel recaps from last year that I didn’t get to post yet. I’m also feeling that a 2017 recap to be able to look back on the past year will be a great way to share with you some of my favourite highlights—if you haven’t already watched my stories on Instagram, I already have a highlight recapping all of my favourite moments!
But for the mean time, since the weather has dipped significantly and is expected to continuously get colder as we go deeper into the winter, I can’t help but keep looking at coats and jackets to stock up on to stay warm for the next few months. Some of these I already have and couldn’t imagine myself without them for this year. Other ones I currently have my eye on and can’t wait to also get my hands on them as well!
The Fluffy Moto/Aviator Jacket
The jacket profile of the season, a moto/aviator that has been winterized by an added layer of fluff around the collar or inner layer. If you prefer a more relaxed and casual look with a slight badass vibe, the moto/aviator is definitely a style that you should have readily available.
- Brayden Coat – Lovers + Friends
- Caden Faux Fur Jacket – Eaves
- Piper Moto Jacket – Eaves
- Bailey Moto Jacket – Eaves
- Suede Shearling Jacket – GAP
The Puffer Jacket
I don’t currently have any puffer jackets and it’s the next silhouette that I’m going after. Honestly the reason why I haven’t gotten myself one yet? Because there are just too many that I want! And P is tired of my jackets taking over the entire entry-way closet. We seriously need to move into a bigger place so that I have somewhere to house all of my jackets.
- Phillips Stripped Puffer – Tularosa
- Dee Cropped Puffer – Lovers + Friends
- When The Sun Goes Down Puffer – Lovers + Friends
- Edelweiss Puffer – Lovers + Friends
- Freestyle Jacket – SAM.
The Faux Fur Jacket
I have a bad obsession with fluffies right now (case in point our jam packed front door closet) and I don’t foresee myself stopping any time soon. If only they didn’t take up so much damn space! I currently have my eye on the starry Eaves jacket and hope that they come out with a light pink version as well! How could would that be?!
- Ricci Faux Fur Jacket – Tularosa
- Romy Faux Fur Coat – Lovers + Friends
- Oakley Fax Fur Coat – Lovers + Friends
- Preston Coat – Eaves
- Althea Faux Fur Coat – Eaves
Living in Canada, you can’t get away without owning at least one jacket. There’s no way that anyone can get about in the winter without freezing if they don’t have a jacket on. Especially with the way that the weather has been lately, you’ll definitely want to have a parka around for those frost-bitten days.
- Genia – Quartz Co.
- Charlize 42 Hooded Water Resistant Down Coat with Genuine Fox Fur Trim – Andrew Marc
- Down Parka with Genuine Fox Fur – Derek Lam
- City Streets Hooded Puffer – Lovers + Friends
- Tundra – Quartz Co.
The Teddy Bear Jacket
Similar to the furry jackets, I want more teddy coats. I already have the Topshop one (side note that it fits sooooo well and is surprisingly warm!), but I want more! MOAR! But seriously though, doesn’t the GAP one look absolutely divine?!
- Shiloh Faux Fur Coat – Tularosa
- Teddy Fur Coat – Lovers + Friends
- Brooklyn Coat – Eaves
- Shearling – Suede Coat – GAP
- Lucy Teddy Beart – Topshop